cIpher

Just a nought, a cipher, that’s all I am!

ASHES

Published by Sanket Rathod under , , , , , , , , on Sunday, April 12, 2020

I am a metal man
With a heart frozen and canned.
So I refuse to die
And with sheer will I will survive.

Let me out of this concrete cage;
See how fast I get back to my old ways.
Once the fires have smouldered down to ashes,
See me light my own and reignite the furnaces.

I keep running out of fuel and fodder.
I need to feed my greed, hatred and anger.
After all, who will I become if I don’t soon resume
My relentless strife to more own and consume?

#

I am a human being
With a soul tucked away deep within.
But now I yearn again to live
And in myself to reseek belief.

Around my mind to think narrow and small
I was the one who build these high walls.
Long before any unseen enemy found power,
I was the one choking myself to death, only slower.

I muster within me hope, faith, love and courage.
I cremate with the departed my greed, hatred and rage.
After all, why did I survive if I go back and resume
That relentless strife to more own and consume?

#

We are now at a fork in the road.
The choice that we make shall not be ours alone.
Our children will reap fruits from seeds that today we sow.
In a world full of death and hate or life and love will they grow?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

cipher

ci•pher (also cy•pher) /ˈsī-fər/ noun
1 a secret way of writing, especially one in which a set of letters or symbols is used to represent others 
2 a code: a message in cipher 
3 (formal, disapproving) a person or thing of no importance. 
4 (BrE) the first letters of sb’s name combined in a design and used to mark things.
— Middle English cifre, from Old French, from Medieval Latin cifra, from Arabic ṣifr, from ṣafira, to be empty, translation of Sanskrit śūnyam.

I am...

I am...
...who I am.

de-cIpher-ers

Thankyou!

Keep de-cIpher-ing

Ctrl+C Right!